Sunday, February 22, 2009

News in class: Strange Cures

Qns:You are a student activist for animal preservation. You strongly believe animals should not be hunted for their body parts as medicinal ingredients. Draft a speech which you are going to make at a public forum on preventing cruelty to animals.


Ans:
Dear ladies and gentlemen, I am honoured to deliver this speech to you. Today I am going to talk about the issue of animals being hunted for their body parts as medicinal ingredients.

As a student activist for animal preservation, I strongly believe that animals should not be hunted for their body parts as medicinal ingredients. But you might ask me"How are you going to prevent cruelty towards animals?". Fret not, because that is exactly what I am about to tell you.

Have you ever heard of cures such as swallowing a "murrel" live? Or perhaps you might have tried them out before. But do you think that such cures work? Yes, no, maybe? The truth is none of these cures actually work because almost 3 quarter of these cures are just believes! And because of these believes, that might not even be true, many thousands of animals have been killed!

Next, I am going to tell you about how to prevent the cruelty towards these animals. Firstly, you must ask yourself if you are a believer of such cures. If yes, I urge you to find out if it is a reliable method. The next step is to let others know that such cures don't work. If you see anyone eating an animal either raw or ground into powder, I would urge you to go forward to tell them that these methods don't work. Remember, even if it is only one person who believes you, you have made the impact and have saved an animal's life.

Last but not least, I would like to thank you all for coming to listen to my speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment