Friday, January 23, 2009

Adeline Ng Ai Choo

I'm sure you know of the story about Adeline Ng Ai Choo who commited suicide after being declined 1 more mark by her teacher in an examination. So I am going straight to the point to tell you how i feel about this incident. Firstly, I think that what she did was very stupid as every human will experience failures in life. And if everyone commited suicide, the world would be dead by now. Though we know her parents are strict, who hasn't been scolded or beaten before? Next I am going to argue about the point of adding a few marks to let the students on the borderline pass. I feel that that should not be allowed as it would be very unfair to the other students. For example if a student gets 99 marks for an exam, and the teacher adds a mark to make his or her score higher wouldn't it be unfair to a student who has gotten full marks? Last but not least, I wish to add on the point about Adeline's 'stupidity'. No offense. I wish to say that Thomas Edison wouldn't be able to create the light bulb if he wasn't able to take failures. That's all I have to say about the incident of Adeline Ng Ai Choo.

4 comments:

  1. nice points on the article and good example of Thomas Edison.
    (Han Yang)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But this post look a bit like mine on my blog.
    Did you take some ideas from there?If you did at least you added some of your own points unlike some people who just cut and paste

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, about that point you said, if everyone asked for extra marks from their teacher, the student who got 100 marks for the exam would not be very fair.

    ReplyDelete