Hi to all, how's your weekend going? By the way this week is a job week for scouts! In case you don't know, I am a scout. Which means that I am also involved in this job week. I will be telling you more about what I did and what I learnt from this job week further in this post.
Basically, job week is a week where scouts would go in groups to ask for jobs. If there is a job, we will have to do it and we will be paid a small amount of money. But don't be mistaken, we don't use the money for ourselves. All proceeds will go to the Singapore Scouts Association.
Now let me get straight to the point- what did I do and learn there? My patrol or so called "group" was sent to Farrer Road to do our job week. You might ask me why Farrer Road? And my answer for you will be simple: Because it is full of bungalows? Like, isn't it so obvious? However, the results didn't turn out to be so good. Most of them had maids thus they didn't need our help. Duh? So me and my patrol had to go all over Farrer Road to look for jobs. It was so tiring. You know, it is like going for a hectic activity after you have just returned from your camp.
Well, in the end, we only got(drumrolls please) $28.90. Can you believe it? Only $28.90 for walking all around Farrer Road and asking almost every house we went pass. And what's worst was that we were only offered one job! Which was watering the plants and weeding. For that job, we were offered quite a large amount ($15). You might wonder where did we get the rest of the money from since we only did one job. Well, the answer is simple the rest were donations. But don't be mistaken, we didn't ask for them. It was offered by them as they didn't want us to help them do anything.
So that is basically a brief write up of what I did there. Now I will be telling you about what I learnt there. I learnt that money is very precious(Duh? Isn't that what our parents usually tell us?) as you have to walk all around Farrer Road just to get $28.90. So, that's all for today's post. Happy March Holidays to everyone and Happy Job Week to all scouts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment