Sunday, March 29, 2009

Scout's recruit camp reflections

Hello everyone! Back posting again! This time, I will be posting about my scout's recruit camp. The only word I can give for it is "horrendous". Well, actually, not every part of the camp was horrendous. It was just some of the parts that spoilt it all. I will be telling you more about why I felt this camp was horrendous in the later parts of this post.

Firstly, the food was not so nice as it was cooked by our seniors themselves. Thus it didn't turn out to be very nice. However, we didn't have to cheer to eat so that was the only good point.

Next, there was this morning inspection thing in which we had to pack and unpack all our camp items in a short time frame of 3 minutes. It was almost as if we packed and unpacked everything for nothing as they didn't even look at our things. They told us that the use of this inspection was to ensure that none of us brought any illegal items however they didn't even look at the things that we unpacked! And it was almost as if we wasted 1 hour every morning for nothing!

We were also scolded countless of times each day. It is almost as if they were unhappy with every single thing that we did! It was totally meaningless. They can scold us for hours and hours and sometimes they even cut into our activity time!

Lastly, the J1 seniors were the worst. They told us to wake up at 2 in the morning for PT(physical training)! We were like half asleep and they wanted us to run 4 rounds around the field! What's more, if we didn't do well enough, they will tell us to go down on pumping position while they scold us. And they ground was full of sand that I hurt so much that I almost cried!

However, there are still some fun parts in the camp like the solo hike and solo night. The solo hike required us to follow a trail BY OURSELVES and we had to pass through several checkpoints. Sadly, I freaked out and I ran so fast that I caught up with Ke Xuen and another sec 2. So in the end, we along with many other people got caught being together. The consequences were dire. We were forced not to complete the solo hike:( So sorry Ke Xuen and Nicholas( the sec 2 guy). The solo night was the scariest. I was positioned to sleep directly in front of the staffroom which was totally dark! I was so scared that night that I disobeyed the seniors and move out of my spot.

So although some of the parts were fun, the camp was not to satisfactory overall.

3 comments:

  1. Spelling mistake 2nd last line "samp" should be "camp"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems fun you know..especially when you sleep ALONE, outside the staff room, totally dark. That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aiya..no need say sorry, anyways i also wanted to walk up to nick, cos he was walking so slow for me to catch up. the solo nite for me even worse than u leh. at least u sleep outside the staff room. i slept outside the science lab which was included in the ghost stories they said. remember? the foetus one. i slept in front of the toilet (luckily no smell) and i could see vegetation leh. who's more scared? I agree about the PT. its so painful for u to hold at pumping position, espcially at such rocky places.

    ReplyDelete